- Water, Sewer, Stormwater Rates
Water, Sewer, Stormwater Rates
Water, Sewer and Stormwater Rate Overview
- All rates may be changed periodically based upon operational and/or capital needs of the system.
- A monthly minimum charge (base rate) for each meter is based on the water meter size.
- Water Quantity rate is charged on a per gallon basis, effective 7/22/2022.
- Sewer Quantity rate is charged on a per gallon basis effective 1/27/2023.
- For information regarding: Trash and Recycling Residential Trash Rates
- Bill Payment Options include auto-pay and e-bill
- Residential and business accounts are billed monthly.
- Water and sewer charges are based on water consumption as determined by a meter reading.
- Your bill may also include charges for private fire protection systems, and pretreatment.
- Bills are mailed the first week of the month.
- Bills are due on the last business day of each month.
- If a bill is not paid by the due date, a 10% penalty fee is assessed.
Stormwater Utility Fee
The $6 fee will help address increased stormwater requirements from the U.S. EPA and the PA Department of Environmental Protection. The line-item on sewer, water and trash bills for a single-family home is $6 per month. Failure to pay the stormwater rate could ultimately result in a lien placed on the property.
The Stormwater Utility Rate was imposed on all developed real estate in Cranberry Township in January 2020 and the current rate was implemented in January 2022. If you wish to appeal your rate assessment, Stormwater Rate Appeal Form
All customers receive a $1 per month credit on their total utility bill for using e-billing and autopay. Stormwater-only customers have the option of pre-paying the stormwater rate for the entire year. Set Up Auto Bill Pay here.
Water and Sewer Rates
Rates for water and sewer services are based directly on the number of gallons of water used. Water usage is measured by a water meter which is most likely located inside the home/business. Look where the outside water line enters the home/business or even in the basement. Sanitary sewer services are charged based on the amount of water used as determined by the water meter readings. You may be able to save money on your bill with a Deduct Meter.
Metered Water Service
Monthly Minimum Meter Charge for each meter is based on water meter sizes.
Meter Quantity Charge $.0079 per gallon (effective 7/27/2022)
|Meter Size||Monthly Charge|
Metered Sewer Service
Monthly Minimum Meter Charge for each meter, is based on water meter sizes, as shown below.
Meter Quantity Charges $.01128 per gallon (effective 1/27/2023)
Un-Metered Sewer Service $84.00 / month (effective 1/27/2023)
|Meter Size||Monthly Charge|
Private Fire Protection
Residential: These charges apply to some residential structures that are required, by law, to have fire suppression systems. These will be assessed a private fire protection fee of $8.00 (flat rate) per month, per unit. The premises, if furnished general water service in addition to private fire protection service, will be billed for general metered water service in accordance with the current rate schedule.
Commercial: These charges apply to some businesses that have fire protection systems. These will be accessed a private fire protection fee based on the size of the line. The premises, if furnished general water service in addition to private fire protection service, will be billed for general metered water service in accordance with the current rate schedule.
|Fire Line Size||Monthly Charge (effective 7/27/2022)|
|Service Application Fee||$10.00|
|Rental Unit Security Deposit||$200.00|
|Account Past-Due Charge||10% of current balance|
|Returned Check Charge||$30.00|
|Property Liens for Delinquent Accounts||6% interest, plus all Butler Co. charges|
|Reconnect Service Fee||$50.00|
|Turn-On / Turn-Off for inspection||$50.00|
|Water Meter Test Charge||$100.00 + testing agency charges|
|$500 deposit, plus 10% surchage to current water rates|
|* 1" Water Tap||* $2,660.00|
* May be reduced by $260.00 due to developer-funded infrastructure
|* Sewer Tap||* $2,686.00|
* May be reduced by $27.00 due to developer-funded intrastructure
Deduct Meter (effective 6/1/2018)
|5/8" x 3/4"||$453.00, installed|
|1 1/2"||$1,952.00, installed|
|Deduct meter reconnection||$25.00|
|Home Inspection Fee||$50.00|
|3/4" Well Meter||$490.00 (effective 6/1/2018)|
|1" Well Meter||$579.00 (effective 6/1/2018)|