More about CTPA Memberships
Benefits of Membership
- HAVE FUN & GET EXERCISE: CTPA is all about having fun and being able to play with friends. Many games are available with fun in mind.
- EXCLUSIVE HOURS: CTPA Members will have exclusive court hours and access via their membership cards. We ask all members to display their cards during CTPA times.
- CLUB RATING : For more level style playing CTPA offers evaluations and promotional evaluations to get to a higher level of play. All members have the option to be evaluated for a higher level when they are ready.
- COMPETITIVE PLAY ASSURED: Because of ratings, you are assured of playing against players of a similar skill level.
- MULTI-LEVEL GAMES: We have a lot of games that are pure fun and are multi-level so friends of different levels can play together.
- PLAYER DEVELOPMENT: If you want to improve your skills you have to do the drill! CTPA offers our Pickleball Academy that is composed of over 20 different clinics.
- EARLY LEARNERS: Starting out can be intimidating and this program are for our beginners to make them comfortable in playing the game and a chance to improve. It is done in a fun environment with a CTPA volunteer who helps you understand and play the game better.
- INDOOR PLAY: CTPA will have discount rates for indoor play at the Cranberry Township Municipal Center. This Fall & Winter we will offer an assortment of limited indoor play on three courts. We also have limited evening hours available at another location. Each year we try to make more sessions available but we are very limited in space.
- EXPANDING PICKLEBALL: As a member, you are helping to pay off the debt for building the new eight outdoor courts, and to meet our goal of building five more courts. We have the space to expand to another 10 courts but WE must raise the money to do so. Your membership helps in this effort and to further expand pickleball to other in the area.
- LARGEST PB CLUB: CTPA is one of the largest pickleball association in the state. There are few PB organization that provide a wide range of organized play to satisfy players of all skill ranges in the nation. CTPA does this and more. We are an all-volunteer organization. We program our own schedule and rules....so if there is something specific you like, you can help us make it a reality.
- All this for less than $8 /month.: One of the lowest price offered in Cranberry Township Parks & Recreation for a sports membership. Click here for the fastest way to learn Pickleball...
We suggest to anyone looking to learn pickleball to take a CTPA PB-1 Beginners class. This class include a basic paddle & ball to keep, 2 hours of instructions by CTPA volunteers and a $25 certificate off a membership. We have trained over 300 people on how to play.
CTPA Fast Track Clinic
This class is geared for those with good racquet skills from tennis, badminton, table tennis or racquetball. This is a 4 hour clinic that includes a basic paddle and ball to keep along with a full CTPA membership for the year. Most people taking this course will come out playing pickleball at the advance beginners level.
When I join, what happens next?
When you purchase a membership online or at Cranberry Customer Service, your email address will be sent to CTPA volunteers who will send you an email from" Cranberry Township Pickleball Association to register on Court Reserve and answers your questions. Depending when you join, when the township notifies us and our volunteers sends this email it could be from 1-4 days. If you did not get this letter after 5 days please send an email to us. See email below.
This email coming to you to register with Court Reserve will include a link to a 4 minute video that we recommend watching before registering..Once registered, please update your profile on CourtReserve. The default Club Rating for all new players is 2.5. If you are an experienced player and would like to be evaluated for a level higher than 2.5, the request should be made to CTPAHelp@gmail.com within 30 days of joining CTPA.
We have a New Member page on our web site that you can access here for more detail information New Member Introduction and Procedures
If you sign up online, stop by the Parks & Recreation Customer Service desk to get your membership card so we can get you playing as quickly as possible.
You cannot play without a membership card. With your card, you will receive our "Welcome to CTPA" document to answer some of your questions. You can preview the document here, Welcome to CTPA Opens a New Window.
At anytime if you have a questions please email Contact@CTPApickleball.com Opens a New Window.
Online Membership Registration is open
You can also order your membership in person at Cranberry Township Parks & Recreation desk, which is open Monday-Thursday, 8:30 AM to 9:00 PM; Friday 8:30 AM -5:00 PM; and on Saturday 9:00 AM-5:00 PM.
Pickleball the way you want it.
ONE MEMBERSHIP but a lot of ways to play
New Members Classes & Assist Program We encourage people new to pickleball to start with our PB-1 class to learn the correct way to play pickleball. We have taught hundreds of people how to play the game and the class includes a paddle and ball to get you started. When you join CTPA we created a new member assist program staffed by experienced CTPA volunteers to help introduce you to the courts, in how to sign up for sessions and will have their own court times available for you to get playing quickly in a no pressure environment.
Many people ask who are new to pickleball if they can join CTPA without taking PB-1 and the answer is YES, But you must own a paddle and know the rules. Consider that PB-1 includes a paddle, a ball and 2 hour of lessons PLUS a $25 off membership, you are getting much more than what you are paying for the course. But we also understand that classes fill up fast and some people do not want to wait until the next class. More information, PB-1/FastTrack
Open Play - Fun Play From our recent survey we discovered that a lot of players just want to play for fun & exercise and have little interest and even dislike playing against players who are very competitive. This is why we have expanded to wide variety of games that are played with fun fitness and friends. Games like UP/DOWN Split, Winners stays on and split, round robins and other games allow for a fun experience and the ability to play with friends of different skill level.
More Serious Play We are one of the few PB clubs in nation that rank our members for better play. See rating procedures on the left hand tab of this page for more details of our club rating system. But, what it does is assures you quality level play against opponents for equal skills and many opportunities to play against players better than you in match or ladder play.
We have members who live several hours away because they can be assured to be able to play against for equal level vetted through our rating system. Our club evaluation procedure for rating has been very well received by members.
IMPROVE YOUR LEVEL OF PLAY! Pickleball Academy
We are proud to introduce the Pickleball Academy in May 2019 which consists of over 40 different level specific clinics. For our new players we have the Foundation Series, with the specific goal of developing stroke, foot positioning and the proper fundamental techniques to build a strong foundation to build upon in the future.
The Progression Series are level specific clinics starting with 3.0, then 3.5 and 4.0. Three levels of clinics focused on one single pickleball skills. To show you the proper techniques to be a better player.
While many of our members do not care about ratings, they still want to play a better game. Its a fact that the better you are the more you enjoy the game. The Pickleball Academy will make a better player out of our members.
Don’t be turned off with all this Rating talk......we have a lot enjoyable and fun games.
If you are a casual or social players you do not need to get a higher rating, Don’t be turned off by ratings....there are many games out there that rating is not even an issue. Many members never even play level play. So if you just want to play and have fun there are a lot of options for you. See "CTPA games" on the left hand tab of this page for all the games we play.
WHO ARE OUR MEMBERS?
About 15% just want to play for fun. They have no interest to be rated or even care if they win or lose. They are there with Friends, having Fun And Getting Exercise.
Another 15% of our members are very serious about the game. Pickleball is a passion and they want to play very competitive matches, focused on improving and a lot interested in tournament play.
And, about 70% of our member want the opportunity to test their skills in match & ladder play and want to improve to get to the next higher "Club rating". But, they also want to at times have fun and play in a no-pressure environment in games like UP/Down-Split, Round Robins, and Challenge Courts. .
ONE MEMBERSHIP but a lot of ways to play.
PICKLEBALL the way YOU want to play.
Memberships are not refundable.